Մատչելիության հղումներ

logo-print

French Man Dies Of Carbon Monoxide In Armenia


(AP) - A French man died of carbon monoxide poisoning in his Yerevan apartment, emergency officials said Thursday, the latest in a rash of deaths in Armenia caused by gas leaks and faulty heating stoves.

The Emergency Situations Ministry said Christophe Kyababchyan, a 34-year-old French citizen, was found dead in his apartment by his business partner. The ministry said an improperly installed gas heater was likely to blame.

The incident brings the number of gas poisonings in Armenia in the past year to 26, 16 of which occurred in December alone, according to emergency officials. The prosecutor general's office, however, says there were 24 deaths in 2004 by natural gas poisoning alone.

Many people in the ex-Soviet republic use makeshift stoves and homemade gas heaters, sometimes tapping illegally into gas lines, because their homes lack heaters, which are expensive.
XS
SM
MD
LG